Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Getting Full Copy of Medical Records?

(6 Posts)
ColletteMc Tue 27-Dec-16 23:32:56

Hey!

Is it possible to get a full copy of your medical records if you have switched Drs?

sooperdooper Tue 27-Dec-16 23:34:27

I don't see why not, surely all your records are transferred to the new GP

YouMeanYouForgotCranberriesToo Tue 27-Dec-16 23:46:12

At my hospital you can request a copy of your notes, it costs £10, I'd guess gp notes would be the same

LunaLoveg00d Wed 28-Dec-16 08:37:57

Depends - I think they have to give you access to allow you to see them, but may ask that you go through them with a doctor or nurse. I don't think they have to give you a copy.

As the prcatice manager about your rights under the Data Protection Act.

Pseudonym99 Thu 29-Dec-16 14:53:40

They have to give you a copy under the Data Protection Act, but will charge you for it.

BiggerBoatNeeded Thu 29-Dec-16 15:39:46

Not sure if it's then same for GPs but I got my hospital notes from the hospital for £35. If they'd been longer I think they can charge up to about £50 to copy them. They also have 40 days from your request to comply so it's not an instant process. To be fair once I received them I could see why they needed time, they were pretty bulky!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now