Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tickle cough medicine

(5 Posts)
KittyCatty20 Tue 27-Dec-16 21:55:00

I have had a sore throat and chest infection for about a week and, whilst my chest and throat are feeling better, it has left me with SUCH a tickly cough! It is driving me absolutely mad and I feel permanently exhausted! Can anyone suggest anything that can help? I've tried the glucose/syrup 'medicine' but it has done nothing. I'm desperate!

BakeOffBiscuits Tue 27-Dec-16 21:59:01

Sucking chocolate is very good! I heard this from a Dr on Tv and it does work.

Also Dh makes a hot drink of water, honey, lemon juice and grated ginger, it's absolutely fab for coughs.

KittyCatty20 Wed 28-Dec-16 06:44:12

Thanks Bakeoffbiscuits - I'll try both of those. The first sounds a particularly good remedy!

WeeM Fri 30-Dec-16 00:18:33

Pholcodine linctus. The dr recommended it to me years ago as it is actually a cough suppressant-something to do with stopping the urge to cough. It is the only cough medicine that does anything for me and there is always a bottle in my cupboard. And it's about £2!

DreamingofthePeaks Fri 30-Dec-16 09:47:08

Oooo that sounds good, thanks. I'll pick up a bottle today. Now entering the pulled muscle stage from coughing so I'll try anything! Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now