Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

eczema on eye lids?

(14 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kiskidee Tue 20-Feb-07 00:29:11

it won't do his eyelid any harm.

have you ever tried aveeno lotion? my dd would be a scabby little thing without it.

eidsvold Tue 20-Feb-07 02:01:27

is it eczema or is it something called blepahritis - where around the eye lash gets very dry and the skin does not peel away ( not a good description) My dd1 suffered from this a lot. All we had to do was to wipe her eyelid with a solution of warm water and a drop or two of baby shampoo ( no tears formula) and it would clear up in no time.

kiskidee Tue 20-Feb-07 02:05:38

hi eidsvold. we've not 'met' here for a while and i hope you still remember me. are you pg in case you don't mind me rudely asking as a little bit of my brain seems to think you are?

littlemissnobody Tue 20-Feb-07 02:27:51

I used to get eczema on my eyelids and it's horrid. I used a combination of Aveeno lotion, Aqueous Cream (which always stings) and 0.4% hydrocortisone Ointment (available on prescription only).

I hope your DS's eyelid gets better. Poor thing.

littlemissnobody Tue 20-Feb-07 02:28:17

0.5% (not 0.4)

BirdyArms Tue 20-Feb-07 02:56:42

I have had eczema on my eyelids 2 or 3 times. I've tried various natural remedies but the only thing that's got rid of it is 0.5% hydrocortizone. Using it for about a week has cleared my eczema up. As littlemissnobody says can only get it on prescription - doesn't make sense when you can buy 1% over the counter.

eidsvold Tue 20-Feb-07 05:03:51

yes kiskidee - c-section due 4 weeks on Friday!!

kiskidee Tue 20-Feb-07 08:34:52

sorry for hijack, but congrats eidsvold!!

williamsmummy Tue 20-Feb-07 10:40:22

I get eyelid ezcema from using johnsons baby oil as a make up remover.

I would be cautious as sometimes the ezcema is a reaction to the mites that live on eye lashes. Sometimes a fungel reaction can happen.
I would pop to the GP for advice.

climbingrosie Tue 20-Feb-07 18:13:26

Hmm, sounds like what my DS often gets too, I always thought it was eczma too but now you've got me wondering. My ds gets it most when he has a cough or cold though so might be linked, and he gets asthma too.

Could it be an allergic reaction to something? Are they itchy?

eidsvold Tue 20-Feb-07 21:57:17

try the baby shampoo thing that I suggested - from what you described it could be blepharitis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now