Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Strange scratching/rubbing behaviour. Is this normal???

(8 Posts)
AlanasMum Mon 19-Feb-07 23:11:31

My 14m DD seems to need to rub herself on her harness almost every time we put her in her car seat or pushchair, we've recently got her a new car seat, but she still seems to do it.
Quite frequently she'll frantically rub herself until she goes asleep.
Is this normal?
I can't seem to see any thrush or redness
so don't know if I should be applying cream or whats going on.
Any one else experienced this or know whats 'wrong'

TrinityRhino Mon 19-Feb-07 23:13:02

maybe she just likes it
if there is no redness I would assume that she was just doing it cause it felt nice

she's bit young to explain to her that 'not in public' would be a good idea so...good luck with that

AlanasMum Tue 20-Feb-07 09:39:25

Hmmm I see what you mean so does any one else have any experience of this?

Glad I didn't take her to the doctor as dh suggested

Fubsy Tue 20-Feb-07 10:09:02

You know she could be masturbating - would explain why she goes to sleep after

Ive seen a couple of little girls do this, parents were terribly worried, but it never occured to them what it might be!

AlanasMum Tue 20-Feb-07 10:49:07

Is she not a bit young. I didn't think such things till a lot later

AlanasMum Tue 20-Feb-07 10:55:38

I mean I didn't think she'd do such things till much later

Fubsy Tue 20-Feb-07 18:04:25

To a child its just a nice sensation, same as anything else they like! If it is that, she must have found out she could do it by accident, then kept doing it because she liked it. Doesnt mean its sexual at all.

Not sure how you can avoid her doing it though - shes got to go in her car seat!

AlanasMum Tue 20-Feb-07 23:43:49

Thanks. I had horrible visions of playschool with all the Mums keeping their kids away from her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now