Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

61 day cycle (not pregnant)

(10 Posts)
Flumplet Mon 26-Dec-16 23:20:25

It's not been fun these past couple weeks. I seem to be in a permanent state of pmt.

Dh and I had unprotected sex a couple months ago, I had one light period since then, but nada for 61 days now. I tested last Weds and it came back negative.

I'm thinking it could be down to a couple things:
1) I've gained a LOT of weight - now very obese and struggling
2) I recently started a new job and I've found it quite stressful.

I have niggly cramps and sore boobs but nothing seems to be forthcoming, is it worth a trip to the gp or would that be time wasting? Are they able to give you anything to get it started?

Aside - normally 32-34 day cycle. Longest ever was 45 days. I'm nearly 34, one ds.

catwoman0815 Tue 27-Dec-16 08:33:52

I'd see the GP.

Flumplet Tue 27-Dec-16 09:05:05

Can they give you anything to bring it on or will they think I'm wasting time though? I'm loathe to go and be told it's because I need to lose weight when i already know I do iyswim.

user1480287542 Tue 27-Dec-16 11:44:51

It sounds to me like PCOS which would correlate with your description of symptoms. Go to your GP. They will probably send you for an ultrasound of your ovaries to diagnose it. I've got it and cycles last between 35-115 days. However after nearly three years of trying, we're now pregnant. Irregular periods make it very hard to get pregnant so I can sympathise. If your BMI is over 25 then losing weight WILL bring your cycles under better control. 90% of people with PCOS are overweight. Your dr won't tell you to lose weight in so many words but she will tell you it'll be the first action to take if you want to get on top of it and get pregnant sooner.

Flumplet Tue 27-Dec-16 14:37:54

It's arrived today in a rather dramatic, excruciating fashion. 😖😣😒

Starsandcars9 Wed 28-Dec-16 22:55:59

Sounds like you aren't ovulating regularly - see if you can have the tests at your gp to check if you ovulate.

Flumplet Sat 31-Dec-16 22:15:58

I got an appointment next Friday for some blood tests and the GP referred me for an ultrasound to see what's going on. Have I ballsed things up?! Will I still be able to have another baby if this is PCOS because it's looking more and more likely that this is what it is...

mumznet Sat 31-Dec-16 23:04:27

Yes loads of women has pcos and still have babies
Many don't even know they have pcos cysts

mumznet Sat 31-Dec-16 23:06:19

You are right about the stress thing too
Sometimes mine comes early or delayed but mostly it's he usual cycle 30 Days
I also have pcos without the syndrome means no symptoms just the cysts

mumznet Sat 31-Dec-16 23:07:24

Last year only once mine was delayed. Rest of the year regular

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now