Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Thrush every Christmas - help!

(4 Posts)
shoewonder Mon 26-Dec-16 14:29:24

For the last 5 years I have had a bout of thrush that starts on Boxing Day and eventually goes for New Year when I have spent a fortune on Canestan. This year I even got the Canestan when I did the Christmas run to Asda. I don't get thrush at any other time and I wear tights to work and eat healthy - never having problems down there. Christmas Day I wore tights for 5 hours, had sex on Christmas Eve (first time in three weeks but with condom as usual - we don't have sex often but usually on Christmas Eve - maybe a link?) - period not due for 2 weeks. Does anyone else suffer with a festive itch down there and know what causes it? DH gets interested in sex when he is off work so he is going to be frustrated over the next week because I'm so sore and itchy. Now waiting for the magic of Canestan to do its thing and feeling uncomfortable. Next year I need to be itch free on Boxing Day!

MotherFuckingChainsaw Mon 26-Dec-16 14:33:03

I find alcohol and sweet foods can be a trigger?

How different is your diet to normal?

Greenteandchives Mon 26-Dec-16 14:33:38

Sometimes it is the increase in sugar in your diet. I had a rare bout of thrush in the summer which I think was due to cheap alcohol.

shoewonder Mon 26-Dec-16 20:42:09

Thanks for suggestions. No more sugar than normal and no more than 2 glasses of wine per day over last 3 days (average for a week-end for me). I have done more sitting about and drunk less fluid (usually drink 6 cups of tea a day - but maybe down to 2 a day over Christmas). We also have the house hotter (wood burner going with central heating when normally we only use central heating) - can't believe that these would have an affect. Tights worn on Christmas day did not have usual cotton gusset - maybe that is my problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now