Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pain in side

(13 Posts)
FestiveStinkyPants Sun 25-Dec-16 20:52:55

I've had a sharp pain in my left side, lower ribs and into back. Also have a bad stomach but never had this kind of pain before, it's taking my breath away.

Is this the stomach bug that's doing the rounds???

TheoriginalLEM Sun 25-Dec-16 20:57:52

soungs like gall bladder pain/indigestion

hugoagogo Sun 25-Dec-16 21:04:31

It does sound like it could be gallbladder.
You need checking out, bad timing.

FestiveStinkyPants Sun 25-Dec-16 21:07:55

Balls, my dad's recently had his out. Will have a chat with him.

Gp is currently doing repeat blood tests for liver function so will ask on my next visit.

Thanks

Titsywoo Sun 25-Dec-16 21:13:26

Gallbladder is on the other side

Joz157 Sun 25-Dec-16 21:14:28

Could it be kidney stones.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 25-Dec-16 21:14:42

Yes I thought gall bladder was on the right side.

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Sun 25-Dec-16 21:15:16

Is it really really bad pain OP? I would say it sounds more likely to be something to do with the kidneys, but obviously it's impossible to say over the internet. If the pain is really intense then get medical help tonight, otherwise do make a GP appointment when your surgery opens again. Don't suffer through it and wait for your next appointment!

angelopal Sun 25-Dec-16 21:19:14

Sounds like a kidney infection.

hugoagogo Sun 25-Dec-16 22:02:28

Hmm, you are right gallbladder is more left.
It's the bit about under ribs into back and bad tum too all screams gallbladder to me, not a doctor obv.

sadie9 Sun 25-Dec-16 22:45:27

Possibly sounds like gastritis to me. Stomach is under the ribs on the left, and that kind of stomach acid pain runs into the back. Feels like someone nudging you in the back. Usually worse when stomach is empty, or having a drink on an empty stomach etc.
Get Omeprazole from the chemist, or Pantaloc or Nexium over the counter and try it for 7 days.
Go to GP as well of course for a proper diagnosis.
Stomach acid problems can rear up at Christmas due to more alcohol than usual, eating late at night, rich foods, fruit cake etc.

danTDM Mon 26-Dec-16 13:04:10

Pancreatitis?

NavyandWhite Mon 26-Dec-16 15:56:51

Gallbladder is right side.

Could be lots of things. Get it checked out if it persists.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now