Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pin prick blood spots on feet???

(9 Posts)
val4 Sun 25-Dec-16 17:00:19

Woke up yesterday morning to tiny blood spots on both feet, and swollen ankles. Had been wearing heels night before at a party, but often do this. Have had v bad pain down back both legs for last 2 weeks and swelling on one ankle particularly. I am warfarin for previous dvts. Any idea what those pinpricks on feet are? Should I be alarmed....both feet look like someone stood on them(they didn't!). I am on Targin SR for neck /chest /shoulder pain, but not touching leg pain.

val4 Sun 25-Dec-16 20:22:04

Anyone???

passthewineplz Sun 25-Dec-16 20:29:50

Please call nhs 111 for advise especially as you're on warfarin.

TheoriginalLEM Sun 25-Dec-16 20:35:05

I am seconding calling 111 at least for advice.

Haggisfish Sun 25-Dec-16 20:45:59

Yes call 111.

val4 Sun 25-Dec-16 20:52:21

I'm in Ireland and apart from a&e, no doctor around today. The spots seem to be fading, but still there. Have a full house so trying to get through with Lidnocaine patches (from previous pain issues). Both feet are tingling and painful, and at times legs feel like they could give way. Could it be Sciatica? As I said its been a v busy week with visitors, cooking etc so maybe I just strained something. I've never had the spots before but they are fading. I'm hoping that my doctors are open on Wednesday, but don't think I could face A&E,....do you think it's an emergency? Really trying to rationalize this, but don't want to take any stupid rusks. Typical for this to flare one time my Doctor isn't around.

Haggisfish Sun 25-Dec-16 20:55:53

Not sciatica.

passthewineplz Sun 25-Dec-16 20:58:15

Is there a GP out of hours service you can call?

MinisWin Sun 25-Dec-16 21:49:06

Definitely, definitely seek prompt medical attention for this. The rash/blood spots (also known as petechiae) on their own are enough to warrant this - it may be that your INR is above the therapeutic range and making your blood too thin - and this increases the risk of other more major bleeds, especially if you are on any form of anti-inflammatory painkiller in addition to those mentioned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now