Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Constant abdominal pain

(3 Posts)
charliebear78 Thu 22-Dec-16 17:05:15

Hi I have always suffered with stomach issues and in 2005 was told it was IBS.
I have had several issues with this over the years but always controlled it by taking tablets/going the loo and the pain would usually go in a few hours.
However,this last year or so the pain I have is now constant and can last up to 5 days plus.
The pain I am currently having right now ( I am on day 4) Is just under my bra line and feels like a burning/dull ache with strange twisty feelings in my stomach.
At the beginning of the year I had pains that didn't go and was told back then it was likely a ulcer and given Omeprazole which didnt really seem to help as I was still suffering pains quite a lot.I have since come off the Omeprazole and taking Acidophilus Probiotic.
I googled and am now convinced its Cancer,I took myself to the Doctors in a panic.
The Doc has ordered a blood test and a ultrasound-but now its just a waiting game for the actual appointments and then another for the results so I am getting even more anxious.
I was really excited for Christmas and now just feel sad and like I cant get interested with this constant pain and worry.
Please can anyone advise me.

Isabelle112 Fri 23-Dec-16 20:14:46

I went to the GP with ongoing and very strong pains under my bra line, stomach pains and heart burn - and huge fatigue. I, like you, was very worried.

Full blood test later, I find that I am seriously vit D deficient. On a strong course of supplements.

This may not be the case with you (but it's a possibility) - but, either way, you may well find that the blood test proves very useful. Please don't panic. If you can, leave google alone and wait for the results. Go and speak to your GP about them - I had a telephone consultation but a face to face would have been even more useful.

Enjoy Christmas - and please try to put your worries behind you. Things are obviously happening (your appointments). Try to take it from there.

MollyHuaCha Tue 27-Dec-16 11:32:20

flowers hope you feel better soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now