Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this normal or am I very odd??

(7 Posts)
alloutofnameideas Thu 22-Dec-16 07:43:04

This happens mainly on my torso but has been known on upper arms and legs. If I knock myself or anybody touches me or if I have an itch and scratch it I am in pain for almost 10 minutes. It is a severe pain. It kind of makes me squirm to try and move away from it but nothing works. It just fades after 5-10 minutes. So does everyone have this? Should I be worried? I've had it for a long time. It's not new. I have developed a painful lump at the bottom of my right ribs which I am going to see the doctor about. Is it worth mentioning the other pain? I feel a bit of an idiot describing it really

JosephineMaynard Thu 22-Dec-16 07:44:49

This kind of pain is not normal for me. I think I'd mention it to the GP.

EasterRobin Thu 22-Dec-16 07:49:04

I don't get that either, so I would mention it to the GP.

See if you can get a double appointment if you are going to discuss two things.

alloutofnameideas Thu 22-Dec-16 14:42:21

Thank you. I didn't think it was right. I always used to be very ticklish but even that is painful. I will mention it to the doctor when I go

Frogqueen13 Thu 22-Dec-16 15:04:38

I have this too. Not every time but a lot. The pain is completely disproportionate to the injury that has been sustained.

lucjam2105 Thu 22-Dec-16 15:06:58

I got this on my torso at the sides particularly if I scratched myself. Agony. However, it seems to have gone away I wondered if it was a deficiency of some sort?

alloutofnameideas Thu 22-Dec-16 16:23:17

Could be a deficiency but don't know what I'd Google. Or if Google would probably give me short life expectancy! Was hoping I wasn't alone. If anyone has a clue what it could be it would be nice to have an idea

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now