Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tonsil stones

(4 Posts)
samcroreaper Wed 21-Dec-16 19:58:02

Has anybody had tonsil stones?

I went to my out of hours dr on Saturday & was given a course of antibiotics for infection but told to try to remove the stones at home.

With copious amounts of tcp gargling & a home dental kit I got the stones out, not a pleasant experience

when i look at my tonsils in the mirror I have a big crevice, I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before but I'd never noticed the stones until I had a sore throat & swollen glands. I'm a bit paranoid that there's this open part & stuff gets trapped in there leading to more stones or will it close back up??

soontobemrsmckeown Wed 21-Dec-16 23:19:04

I've had them for at least 6 months and have just been referred to ENT about them to see about having my tonsils removed.

Hedgehog80 Wed 21-Dec-16 23:48:28

My ds (4) has them, has done since age 2. They're disgusting and I remember going to pick him up from pre school once and he presented me with " look mummy I coughed so much this came out" ugh

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 21-Dec-16 23:51:19

Gargle with salt water at least twice a day for a month and see if it improves. It did with me,I never get them now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now