Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Urgh, I need to see the doctor again, don't I?

(6 Posts)
LunaLoveg00d Tue 20-Dec-16 21:44:36

Had major abdo surgery 4 weeks ago, saw the doctor this time last week as I wasn't happy with the way the scar was healing. Doc thought it may be slight infection so has given me a week's course of antibiotics (flucloxacillin) which I finished taking today. Scar on the whole is much better, but there is an inch long bit at the end which is not healing as well and looks a bit yellow and soggy..... I'm going to have to try and squeeze in another appointment before Christmas, aren't I???

Grrrr.

LovePotatoes Tue 20-Dec-16 21:46:09

Yes sounds like you do 😢

m0therofdragons Tue 20-Dec-16 21:49:21

Can you do a phone call as he's seen you once and you can clearly see you need more antibiotics. My gp would do that over the phone but he is a bit unconventional. Call up and see. If you can't get an appointment then call 111 and see if you can get an out of hours gp appointment. Good luck op

LunaLoveg00d Tue 20-Dec-16 21:50:24

Thought as much. I'm feeling well in myself, no obvious signs of infection like temperature but I can't risk it getting worse over the weekend when the doctors will be closed for the holidays. That's me hitting constant redial from 9am onwards then.

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Tue 20-Dec-16 21:54:21

Has a swab been done? If not ask for one.

LunaLoveg00d Tue 20-Dec-16 22:01:03

No swab done. The scar is about 15cm long and it's just the end 2cm which looks dodgy, the rest of it is healing well. My GP is pretty good at giving appointments quickly if it's urgent, we haven'r got walk-in centres for this sort of issue in Scotland.

Just want it dealt with soon - last thing I want is spending Christmas Day in A&E because i've left it and it's got worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now