Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

A weeping lump/boil, where you dont want a weeping lump/boil!

(24 Posts)
StrawberrySnowflakes Mon 19-Feb-07 11:47:00

between inside of leg and front bum..i always get smaller but still uncomfortable lumps about a week before my period, but this time i was a dy late taking it as had ran out and doc wouldnt give repeat prescription.
lump came out after taking pill for two days(so three-four days after period had finished)..was about size of ten pence peice, rasied, quite grissly and in the place it was, made sitting/standing/walking painful, a day later(i assume, because it was getting caught on clothes) it started leaking??(soory)just specks on underwear but all the same a concern.
kept putting savalon cream on and its now gone, but am worried this will re[uccur at time of month?
anyone also get these? and are they just hormonal?, anything you can do to prevent them?

Think they are very common in this area of the body, in both sexes. DH gets them and I googled them once after accusing him of having genital warts!

tee4two Mon 19-Feb-07 11:59:05

Hi. I always suffer from these at around the time of my period and they are very, very painful, i also get them on my bum cheeks, very uncomfortable!
The only advise i have been given is to use an anti bacterial soap in this area, but the only time they either stop recurring or slow down is when i'm pregnant...

StrawberrySnowflakes Mon 19-Feb-07 12:02:53

thanks both of you..and tee4two!...same happend here!!!..i wondered wether it was the pill that brought them on or the pregnancy hormones stopped them???..i guess weight is an issue too(not pg weight), but i have jsut lost almost 1 1/2 stone and this was the worst ive ever had so???

bubblerock Mon 19-Feb-07 12:07:41

I had an ingrown hair on my leg and the pharmacist recommended magnesium sulphate - it's brilliant, warms the skin and draws out any nasty stuff!

StrawberrySnowflakes Mon 19-Feb-07 12:10:14

ive heard of that before does that draw spells out too??..i dont thinkk it is a hair though as i get them every montha t time of month??

tee4two Mon 19-Feb-07 12:28:32

I think it could be something connected to hair follicles, thats why the doc told me to use the anti bac soap, but it doesnt explain why they only errupt pre period. I am overweight and do think that is a contributer, but also i have to wear lovely nylony trousers as my uniform at work, add a lot of jean wearing out of work and Hey Presto.. spotty bum
Wearing skirts a lot helps as your bits and bobs get some fresh air

StrawberrySnowflakes Mon 19-Feb-07 12:31:48

LOL..so sit with short skirt on no knickers and legs akimbo should help???[LOL

Rumpel Mon 19-Feb-07 12:35:09

Try dabbing it with pure tea tree oil a couple of times a day. If it is an ingrown hair then try tend skin - google it. If not I would suggest the magnesium sulphate poultice too - very effective fast drawing out nasty stuff! Or you could try a bit of bread soaked in milk stuck on! That's what they used to do in times of yore

StrawberrySnowflakes Mon 19-Feb-07 12:37:25

LOL at bread and milk!, could make a pudding afterwards!..will buy some tee tree in and will google tend skin..is that also a lotion?

fortyplus Mon 19-Feb-07 12:38:53

I used to get these and I'm sure it's stress related - I used to get lots of colds all the time, too.

But now I'm c-a-l-m and I'm never ill and never get boils, either.

StrawberrySnowflakes Mon 19-Feb-07 12:40:29

hmm, i am full of this flu bug going around?, could be that too?, but it was so liket he ones i get monthly??, maybe once theyve come out other things can trigger them?..plus jsut lost one mindee, so worried about that too

StrawberrySnowflakes Mon 19-Feb-07 12:40:53

so how do you keep calm then?

fortyplus Mon 19-Feb-07 12:45:57

StrawberrySnowflakes This is going to sound a bit trite - but one day when I'd been rampaging round the house shouting and yelling at the kids I just decided that I was making everyone's life a misery and would take stock of what I'd got and just be grateful and bite my lip unless they'd done something awful.
Also... occasional weekends away with girl friends, started going riding every week on a friend's horse.

StrawberrySnowflakes Mon 19-Feb-07 12:47:39

hmm, i could do first bit as im a cm and although the children think im calm, my blood vessels know different!..i have been trying to do that lately and thinking "is it really THAT bad??"...most of time it isnt!..so thanks

Twinkie1 Mon 19-Feb-07 12:49:32

Use magnesium sulphate on a plaster to dry it up - it works is great - it is normal hormoney thing.

fortyplus Mon 19-Feb-07 12:50:40

You do start to delude yourself eventually. I worked on the basis that they weren't mindreaders - even though the vein in my temple was throbbing I'd smile sweetly at them! After a while it started to rub off on them and now I even believe it myself... most of the time

OrmIrian Mon 19-Feb-07 12:53:46

Trying to think of a place that you would want one of those.......Nope can't so it...

But hot bath or hot flannel over the area followed up by tea tree oil should help.

StrawberrySnowflakes Mon 19-Feb-07 12:54:04

LOL Fortyplus, ill take your advice and thanks Twinkie1, i think that seems a popular solution too, ill get some in!...dont know if the plaster will stick to the milk and bread tho??

fortyplus Mon 19-Feb-07 12:56:48

Joking apart... Magnesium Sulphate works wonders. It's also great if you get a splinter that won't come out... though hopefully that wouldn't be in the same place

Blandmum Mon 19-Feb-07 12:58:08

only if you had the Montissori attitude to only having wooden sex toys!

fortyplus Mon 19-Feb-07 12:59:07

Please tell me that's not true

StrawberrySnowflakes Mon 19-Feb-07 13:00:06

LOL

generaldogsbody1 Tue 20-Feb-07 20:33:19

try googling hidradinitis supurentiva. Ask your gp to refer you to a dermatologist. there is a thread kicking about i started, if more people were diagnosed properly then some one would have to get there finger out and find a cure for this at times debilitating condition

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now