Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Phenergan for sleep in adult

(4 Posts)
3beardedgoats Tue 20-Dec-16 18:10:59

I've had a run of insomnia whilst on antibiotics and need a decent nights sleep as I'm on my own with ds all hols. I have some phenergan, I've never taken them before but am going to try one tonight to help me sleep. The packet says take one to two 25mg tablets, I shall just take one as I don't want to not wake for ds. But how soon before bed should I take it?
Thanks

Lilybensmum1 Wed 21-Dec-16 13:22:31

Hi I have had this and found I needed to take 2 it works really well for me, maybe try one at first and see how you go. I took it about 30 minutes before bed. One thing I did notice was sometimes it felt like I had a hangover in the mornings. I hope it works insomnia is horrible.

Lorelei76 Wed 21-Dec-16 13:25:13

I have tried this and I felt terrible. I only took the one tablet, maybe try that just in case the same happens to you. Complete waste of money in my case. Nytol also makes me feel ill - some kind of theme here.

if you only take one I guess you will lessen your chances of a hangover in the AM too.

Lorelei76 Wed 21-Dec-16 13:26:19

just looked at the date, sorry, you probably took it already!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now