Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I've just lost half a toe nail

(6 Posts)
Polkadotties Sun 18-Dec-16 11:03:07

Pic isn't clear because I've put a plaster on it but you can see from my nail varnish where it ripped. The area was bruised and it didn't hurt. It will grow back normally won't it?

MadameCholetsDirtySecret Sun 18-Dec-16 11:06:56

It should be fine. I've lost both big toe nails numerous times - playing lots of tennis and running. Mine are absolutely normal. If you are worried, see a chiropodist.

Fabellini Sun 18-Dec-16 11:09:01

Mine did. Was most odd, it didn't rip, just kind of fell off, didn't hurt at all!
I usually have shellac on my toenails as it lasts longer than varnish without chipping, and the next time I went to the salon, the lady that does my nails used some of the stuff they use to do nail extensions to build it back up, so that it looked normal, and the same size as my other toenails, and it grew back from under no problem.
They used to file the fake bit when they did my other nails just the same, and one day she said - that's it all gone now, your nail has fully grown back up.
Never happened again, no idea what caused it!

Polkadotties Sun 18-Dec-16 11:09:37

Ahh good. I lost some finger nails before after they got slammed in a door but that was when the whole nail lifted away not a partial loss.
Glad it's not summer and my toes can stay hidden while it grows back!

Fabellini Sun 18-Dec-16 11:09:40

Wasn't my big toe, was the one beside it.

yeOldeTrout Sun 18-Dec-16 11:33:28

Mine have fallen out completely sometimes. I don't know why. All fine now & have been for a very long time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now