Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anxiety during period

(6 Posts)
Skala123 Sat 17-Dec-16 13:47:27

Does anyone else suffer from anxiety during their period. It's a new thing for me and it has hit me (and my family!) like a truck the last few months. I can't seem to cope with a lot of normal things like the kids bickering, running five minutes late etc. I get very irate and highly stressed. I'm very aware of it but can't seem to get it under control. I don't suffer from anxiety usually and I'm not on any birth control/hormones or other meds.
Does anyone else suffer from this and have you found anything that helps?

yeOldeTrout Sat 17-Dec-16 13:50:34

When I was young I had a lot of this. It went away (I don't know why).
It helped when I thought life was awful if I said to myself "Oh wait, is my period due? Maybe I should wait 36 hrs before deciding if everything is really terrible".

Now I think I'm just finding my inner Grumpy Old Woman.

mycatsmellsnice Sat 17-Dec-16 17:47:38

Yes, me too. Try a supplement called Magnesium OK. It's cheap and myself and other women I know have found it really helpful for the anxiety/low mood/homicidal thoughts!

Skala123 Sat 17-Dec-16 21:57:01

Thanks, will give magnesium a go. Willing to try anything to stop me being such a basket case!

mycatsmellsnice Sun 18-Dec-16 00:39:41

skala It worked magic for me. Please do try it, it's cheap, works out about £4 a month and I didn't notice a difference until I'd been taking it for 2-3 months. But when it kicked in I stopped wanting to delete/have stand up rows with/murder the people I love.

I have no connections with the manufacturer btw!

mycatsmellsnice Sun 18-Dec-16 00:42:31

btw I tried to substitute the magnesium ok with just magnesium when I couldn't be arsed to trudge around the pharmacies but it wasn't half as good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now