Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Question about the Canesten pessary applicator!

(8 Posts)
SeaCabbage Sat 17-Dec-16 12:49:06

After some anti-biotics I think I may have a bit of thrush so I got the Canesten pessary and cream.

However, they have changed it! If you haven't seen it you probably won't know what I am on about.

How do you get the plastic cross bit up the other bit to push out the cream? And does the red barrel type thing at the top actually open? confused

I have used all my strength but it doesn't seem to want to go into the tube thing.

It is all so weird. I can't get it to work. Oh for the old days of simple tablet and long stick thing smile.

Haggisfish Sat 17-Dec-16 12:51:21

I think the cross stick thing is just to put the pessary in? Cream for outside and as far as you can put it.

kilmuir Sat 17-Dec-16 12:53:54

Applicator I said just for the pessary

SeaCabbage Sat 17-Dec-16 13:05:05

But you can't see the pessary! It's not like before where you just put it in the holder and put it up.

there's a weird bit red barrel thing on one stick and then another long stick which I can't fit up the inside of the barrel one. confused

Gingernaut Sat 17-Dec-16 13:10:22

It sound like you've got the two cream version.

There is no pessary, simply a barrel full of cream.

Follow the instructions, there are always clear diagrams with Canestan.

SeaCabbage Sat 17-Dec-16 13:53:36

Forgot to say, I threw the instruction leaflet away as I thought it would be just like the old ones.

thank for the replies by the way.

Gingernaut Sat 17-Dec-16 14:03:45

The cross headed stick is part of the 'drive' to put the cream inside.

The red barrel unscrews to reveal the cream applicator.

That's the equivalent of the pessary. The cross head stick goes the other end to drive the cream up and out of the applicator.

SeaCabbage Sat 17-Dec-16 14:21:41

So I need to unscrew the red barrel bit? I'm sure I've tried that but I shall try again.

I have also definitely tried putting the cross headed end into the cross shaped hole but it won't go in more than just slotting into the shape.

I do appreciate you trying to help though Ginger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now