Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cut not scabbing over

(5 Posts)
ninnypoo Fri 16-Dec-16 20:44:23

I'm terrible at first aid stuff and have no idea whether I'm doing the right thing or not so though I would consult mumsnet wisdom.

I cut my ankle last weekend (took a chunk out of it with my razor- literally, had to pick the chunk of skin out envy). Put a plaster on and have changed it a few times as an scared of getting sock fluff in it. It still hasn't scabbed over and in fact just started bleeding a bit again when I took the plaster off. Should I be worried/be doing anything to help it heal?

Badders123 Fri 16-Dec-16 21:43:50

It needs air to get to it
Have you got any savlon or similar?
Lob that on and let some air get to it
Also, if it is bleeding get a dry clean dressing and press hard for 3 mins
That should stop it

mineofuselessinformation Fri 16-Dec-16 21:50:31

Get some melolin. It's a dressing with a non-stick side on it. (You can buy it at a pharmacy.)
You do need to let it dry out, but obviously protect the raw skin at the same time.
Get some paper tape or plaster roll to hold it on.

PinkSwimGoggles Fri 16-Dec-16 21:55:52

get some alginate plasters/dressing.

shewolfmum Sat 17-Dec-16 00:19:08

If clean...ie nothing in it...apply calendular.. helps skin to knit together quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now