Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Spotting a week early - not pregnant (!) do i need to worry?

(4 Posts)
6babiesonecat Fri 16-Dec-16 15:07:01

My period is due in about a week. But the last two days I have had tiny streaks of blood . Really small but it's NEVER happened before. Not sign of period or anything .

I'm 99.999% sure il not pregnant - dh had a vasectomy after our last baby grin so it's probably nothing like that.

My period is normally really predictable and regular and doesn't start like this at all.

I'm feeling a bit anxious about it tbh! I have had a few odd pains the last week or so like pinching on my side but that has gone now - I'm worrying a little. It's no where near enough to actually worry anyone else but I am a worrier !

Does anyone have any experience of this?

6babiesonecat Fri 16-Dec-16 15:08:09

I should add I'm 33 and generally healthy no other issues

Lovelybangers Fri 16-Dec-16 17:45:55

I always had a regular 28 day cycle.

However once I got into my forties I started to get this spotting/old brown blood appearing a few days before my period started.

Nothing else weird - I think it's quite common. My smear tests are all fine. Definitely not pregnant. No contraception hormones.

If you are concerned then I would mention it to the nurse/doctor next time you are there just to check.

Lovelybangers Fri 16-Dec-16 17:46:21

I just consider a warning that it's on its way smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now