Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hypnotherapy - experiences of it....

(18 Posts)
binker Sun 18-Feb-07 15:10:12

I am going through some hypnotherapy now (for anxiety) and have 1 session left...I am interested to hear about other people's experiences of it - I think I'm feeling the benefits of it and can certainly relax myself (and I always thought of myself as quite uptight)...how has it worked (or not) for you ?

Pruni Sun 18-Feb-07 15:13:33

Message withdrawn

binker Sun 18-Feb-07 19:53:52

It looks as though it's only you and me,Pruni !
it certainly is good to be able to relax properly -and the whole process is fascinating - I'm becoming quite a hypnotherapy evangelist !

pinkbubble Sun 18-Feb-07 19:55:26

Is it very expensive?

binker Mon 19-Feb-07 14:16:32

I am paying £60 a session,which I think is the going rate

Pruni Mon 19-Feb-07 16:13:08

Message withdrawn

binker Mon 19-Feb-07 19:46:55

yes, I'm to say the word 'calm' as I breathe out - I really like listening to the cd - there are still bits in it that I can't remember hearing,or at least registering before - I think I must drift off somewhere (which is the idea)...it's great,but still quite magical !

Psychobabble Mon 19-Feb-07 19:53:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pinkbubble Mon 19-Feb-07 19:54:07

How many sessions would you need? Can it be done in one?

Psychobabble Mon 19-Feb-07 20:18:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

binker Tue 20-Feb-07 20:07:11

what are you needing it for pinkbubble ? A good therapist would probably estimate from their experience how many sesssions you might need, but leave it up to you - you might feel the benefits after 1 or 2...

Bugsy2 Tue 20-Feb-07 20:28:15

I've been going to see a clinical hypnotist & I am very impressed. I pay £60 for an hour & a half.

binker Wed 21-Feb-07 18:14:24

an hour and a half ! wow...I thought sessions were 50 mins...are you having hypnoanalysis ?

Bugsy2 Thu 22-Feb-07 11:37:41

bit of a slow response Binker - sorry. Yes I am having hypno analysis. Lots of childhood demons to exorcise!

binker Thu 22-Feb-07 14:47:45

that's brave - I chose not to do that as I've had years of therapy in my life and I felt I'd said everything - though,with hindsight,hypnoanalysis might've been a good idea for me earlier on (I had OCD which is pretty much under control nowe,though I get lapses especially when I'm stressed) - do you feel any benefits yet / I'm sure just the simple process of being able to relax is hugely beneficial.

Clarinet60 Thu 22-Feb-07 16:36:34

I had it for a public speaking ordeal and it was very helpful.

Bugsy2 Thu 22-Feb-07 21:27:40

I had counselling binker & that took me so far & helped me to understand why I did things but didn't help me break the behavioural ruts I'd got stuck in. The clinical hypnosis seems to be really helping me with this.

binker Sat 24-Feb-07 11:23:21

I'm glad it's helping you bugsy2 - do you just talk under relaxation - does the therapist guide you,or just listen ? Is it very traumatic ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now