Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I keep having a electric shock feeling in my back and neck?

(8 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Wed 14-Dec-16 10:10:27

I'm 37 weeks pregnant and a couple of days ago I sat on the sofa and felt a strnsge twinge in my lower back. It kept coming and going all day. But it only comes when I'm sitting down, but when it comes it feels like an electric shock sort of and goes into my neck and for a few seconds it's like a spasm and I can't really do much except sit still and wait for it to pass..... any ideas??

tobee Wed 14-Dec-16 12:54:37

Sounds a bit like Braxton Hicks contractions to me. And sitting in that position means you notice them in that position.

tobee Wed 14-Dec-16 12:55:00

Good luck, btw!

Nikki2ol6 Wed 14-Dec-16 14:45:07

No I get my fair share of those and it's not that it's like a spasm that shoots all the way into my neck I have rang my GP but can't get an app until Friday !

tobee Wed 14-Dec-16 16:18:54

Oh, ok. I thought it might be coz in that position it was a nerve related/braxton hicks thing, iyswim. Try your midwife team? If it's too late now first thing tomorrow. Just to put your mind at rest, and suggestions for some relief.

Nikki2ol6 Wed 14-Dec-16 16:44:06

It seams to be when I sit down like if I sit myself on the sofa or toilet. But if I'm sitting and have a braxton hick contraction it has occasionally set it off also!

tobee Thu 15-Dec-16 19:22:41

How's it going, Nikki? Any answers?

Ellapaella Thu 15-Dec-16 23:25:31

Sounds more like a nerve pain to me - do you have back pain? You should get it checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now