Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cervical Radiculopathy?

(3 Posts)
Paddingtonthebear Wed 30-Nov-16 19:54:01

I have had ongoing issues with pain in neck/shoulder blade which has now progressed to radiating arm pain and numb fingers. GP thinks I have a damaged neck nerve, cervical radiculopathy so I was sent for a cervical spine (neck) x-ray which they say does show abnormalities. I've been referred straight back to the rheumatology department at the hospital for further investigation. GP not very forthcoming with any other info, vaguely mentioned an MRI and/or further tests but said GP's don't treat this sort of thing or have authority to request further imaging such as MRI so I have to be referred. I've booked the rheumatology appointment which is in January. I'm just not sure what to expect really. Has anyone experienced similar?

Paddingtonthebear Thu 01-Dec-16 10:58:34

Bump

wishiwasacollie Fri 14-Apr-17 08:27:09

Old thread but wondered how you got on? I am being sent for an xray with GP suspecting Its cervical radiculopathy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now