Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Worrid about blood test.

(4 Posts)
Cellardoor23 Mon 28-Nov-16 18:48:52

I don't know if I'm overreacting, but I've recently had two blood tests due to pain in my knees.

The first one I was told I might have a minor infection (I wasn't told what it was) So I had another one. I rang up the doctors today to get my blood results and I was told I have to go see my doctor in a couple of weeks as it's flagged something up.

I am really worried. I have a 6 month old and I'm already a bit stressed, but this has stressed me out even more. I don't have any idea what it could be.

Can I ring up and ask if I can have an appointment sooner? I don't know if I can wait two weeks.

IMissGin Mon 28-Nov-16 18:51:55

Definitely ring, ask if you can even have results over the phone with doctor. I would say though that if they are happy to wait 2 weeks it's nothing urgent.

Cellardoor23 Mon 28-Nov-16 18:52:25

worried

Cellardoor23 Mon 28-Nov-16 18:54:31

That's what I'm hoping. I know it's going to play on my mind for the next couple of weeks. I might ask if that's possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now