Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Piles...

(8 Posts)
hemel07 Mon 28-Nov-16 08:37:07

I've had piles since having dd1 (11years ago!!). Mostly they don't bother me too much, but for the last few weeks (following being on holiday and getting a bit constipated) they have been really sore when having a poo (razor blade type pain) and bleeding a bit too. I really don't want to go to the dr, my friend went with hers and they made her have a colonoscopy which would be my worst nightmare. Any advice/sympathy would be very much appreciated.

MollyHuaCha Tue 29-Nov-16 21:14:32

Sorry, but I suggest you go to the doctor! In that way you can:
(a) rule out a serious bowel disorder
or
(b) get treatment for serious bowel order before it becomes untreatable
or
(c) - most likely - get effective treatment for piles

And at the end of it, you will be so glad you went because you will know exactly what the problem is (no more scary imagining) and you will have been treated for it.
Pls go to the dr. Good luck smile

Sparkletastic Tue 29-Nov-16 21:16:24

Are you using any over the counter Meds to treat? Anusol works pretty well.

allypally999 Wed 30-Nov-16 13:07:01

You might need something to keep your bowel movements soft (and painless) for a while to let the piles subside. I use Laxidose and Dioctyl together (both on prescription). Anusol is helpful too and you can buy it yourself. You need to get checked out though too. The GP should just examine you .. no colonoscopy probably (and they are not that bad anyway honest).

MollyHuaCha Wed 30-Nov-16 13:28:53

Colonoscopy is an expensive procedure and will not be recommended unless necessary. And you wd know if you were going to have this as you have to firstly prep your bowel. Just choose yr favourite female GP (if it's a group practice) and make an appointment. Take a friend to hold your hand if you wish. You'll be so glad once the 'not knowing' is over x

Imnotaslimjim Wed 30-Nov-16 13:40:24

Please do go. I went as few months ago with pain and bleeding, turned out I had a fissure. I thought it was something a lot scarier! Thankfully treatment has been straightforward and its now healed.

I know it's embarrassing showing your backside and having things poked about down there but its worth it if it means your comfortable!

ImHereToHelp344 Wed 30-Nov-16 13:51:56

Hey
I know how it feelssad it happens rarely nowadays, but I found a Oak Bark extremely helpful. It's very cheap and it works for piles. I also found they get worse with bad diet, too much salty things in my case. Took me a while to figure it out, but it makes sense now. So please try and get hold of oak bark, put a good few table spoons of it to about 400ml of water and boil it on low for about 10 min. Wait until it cools down a tiny bit, pour it into a larger bowl and let you bum rest on it so it gets all the vapour steam in... sit on it till it's not hot anymore and it's not producing any steam... do it as often as you need.

hemel07 Thu 01-Dec-16 17:09:36

Ok, I've bought some anusol. I will definitely go to GP after a few more days if this doesn't sort them out a bit. Thankyou for your kind words!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now