Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Why am I getting swollen fingers?

(5 Posts)
MaQueen Sun 27-Nov-16 23:37:03

These last two weeks I've noticed my fingers have been slightly swollen and feel a bit stiff, especially in the mornings. Then other times they are back to normal.

Really can't think why? No other symptoms, or anything. Is it just a case of my body getting older sad

LowDudgeon Sun 27-Nov-16 23:59:55

How old are you?

I'm 65 & I'm getting some stiffness in thumbs & forefingers, apparently from using phone & mouse. (It does get better when I use them less)

Adarajames Mon 28-Nov-16 00:14:27

Maybe gout? Does any food seem to aggravate it more the following day?

gingeroots Mon 28-Nov-16 09:31:34

Gout is really painful .

i think you should ask your GP .

badtasteflump Mon 28-Nov-16 19:34:29

Maqueen a friend of mine has bouts of rheumatoid arthritis - I say bouts because it can cause her no trouble at all for months then it will flare up again - usually in colder weather. One of her main symptoms is that first thing in the morning her fingers are really swollen and stiff - the stiffness goes off quite quickly when she gives her finger joints a bit of a workout. When it strikes she has very effective medication for it, so it doesn't effect her too much.

All that said, it's probably not that at all - just that the symptoms you mentioned rang a bell with me. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now