Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Wtf is going on..

(21 Posts)
Gileswithachainsaw Sun 27-Nov-16 18:11:30

I can't see properly

Everything has gone all blurry so excuse typos I can't see the letters on my phone properly.

No headache
Was fine literally a few mins ago

North there are blurry lines across my eye it's hard to read stuff..

Wtf

microsnake Sun 27-Nov-16 18:14:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 27-Nov-16 18:15:21

God I hope not...not git any pain killers in me...

This is all soooo strange

PlumsGalore Sun 27-Nov-16 18:18:13

I get that about once a year, I call them silent migraines. No pain but impossible to read, drive etc. Go to bed and sleep or if you can send someone else for pain killers, they will get rid of it within about Three quarters of an hour.

hannahjj Sun 27-Nov-16 18:20:16

I get these too... my vision goes strange, blurry and zig Zag lines and the About 40 mins later I get a migraine, pain killers don't help at all but sleep always gets rid of it. Try and sleep now before the head ache comes if you can

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 27-Nov-16 18:21:49

I'm at work so no chance....

Have to hope fir the best.

JimmyChoosChimichanga Sun 27-Nov-16 18:22:19

I have had shimmering chevrons and total blindness for about a minute once. Absolutely terrifying. Nothing now for years like that though.

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 27-Nov-16 18:22:27

I'm not prone to headaches or migraines if that makes any difference?

hulkbuster Sun 27-Nov-16 18:22:38

I used to get these after having a baby they replaced migraines I'd suffered with for years! No pain just blurry vision for about half an hour. Sometimes it was like a zig zag star that would get bigger and bigger and then fade. Funnily enough these days a migraine is V rare and these are non existent grin

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 27-Nov-16 18:23:56

Well this is all quite comforting really. Least I'm not suspecting anything serious new grin

It's easing off a bit now bit it's still as if both eyes are work long separately not together so can't ficus properly

Fuckoffdailymailnobs Sun 27-Nov-16 18:44:14

My optician made me promisei would get looked at immediately if I had that as can indicate a detached retina?? Hope I've remembered right?I have scaring which suggests possible past untreated episode

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 27-Nov-16 18:45:30

Well I'm in boots opticians tomorrow I'll ask them. Due an eye test anyway...

BoreOfWhabylon Sun 27-Nov-16 18:48:02

This really shouldn't be ignored. Please ring 111 now to get your symptoms assessed.

There are several possible causes, some of them v serious (e.g. stroke), others less so.

Don't ignore this.

gamerchick Sun 27-Nov-16 18:48:22

You really should take some painkillers now in case the headache comes. Sometimes I can head it off with immediate quiet dark room and eyes shut until vision clears but if you're at work you probably cant do that. Good luck.

DoYouRememberJustinBobby Sun 27-Nov-16 18:56:50

You should ring 111. If this comes on very quickly and you have never been a headachey person then you will need to be seen.
I suffer from similar which came on out of nowhere and it has lead to other issues which need swift and thorough treatment.
Headaches or similar which come on suddenly are treated as very serious at A&E especially if you vision is involved.

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 27-Nov-16 22:44:55

Sorry got busy at work so couldn't have left and had no money fir taxi anywhere anyway...

It subsided in the end as quickly as it came on. I will definitely be asking at the opticians tomorrow and will book an eye test as I'm due one probably a yr ago anyway...

No headache or any more visual or audio disturbances...

Guess it could have been the screens at work? The lights and tills are kinda bright although I'm usually ok with lighting ...

CharleyDavidson Tue 29-Nov-16 20:40:26

I had these. They started after the birth of DD1. I'd have them every few months or so. No pain, just the migraine aura (and occasionally a queasy feeling). Very inconvenient at work, especially parents' evening when I ended up talking (hopefully coherently) to a parent I couldn't actually see!

When I mentioned them to the doctor they whipped me off the combined pill asap. You aren't supposed to take them with auras as 'we don't want you having a stroke, do we?' as the doctor said. Plus, the pill itself is a trigger for them and I've not had one since changing my contraception 3 years ago.

oldsilver Tue 29-Nov-16 20:58:27

I get these regularly, my warning from the optician was to get them checked if they change in frequency or strength.

Optical migraines, headaches don't normally follow.

Had a bad spate after DS born, visiting BIL who is a doc sent me to A&E. They suggested it can be thirst, so as soon as I see the blurring in the corner of my eyes I drink plenty of water and wait for it to cross my vision. They seem to take less time nowadays.

DoYouRememberJustinBobby Wed 30-Nov-16 00:41:27

What did the optician say OP?

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 30-Nov-16 07:16:25

Just what the pp just said. Optical migraines (something like that I think )

Got test booked after Xmas

allypally999 Wed 30-Nov-16 13:02:12

I had this for years before the migraines actually started .. hope yours never do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now