Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gallstone pains please help...

(3 Posts)
Potatoooooo Fri 25-Nov-16 14:20:31

I hope someone can help me.
I was diagnosed with gallstones January this year, was referred for surgery, got scared & backed out.

Since then, I have daily gnawing, cramping type pains in the centre of my stomach, I have it several times a day, sometimes omeprazole cures it, sometimes it doesn't.
I can only describe the pain as if someone's slowly gripping my stomach tighter and tighter. The pain is never normally under the right rib which I would expect it to be seeing as that's where the gallbladder sits.

Is this typical of gallstones? I am getting to a point where I'm ready to have it whipped out now.

goingtotown Fri 25-Nov-16 15:19:21

Gallbladder pain is excruciating. Usually the pain starts on the right side & goes through to the back, it's like a tight band around your rib cage, making it difficult to breathe. If you've been diagnosed, have it removed. Keep to a fat free diet until it's removed. Good Luck.

Potatoooooo Fri 25-Nov-16 16:01:52

I do get that, it's biliary colic isn't it.
But this is like a side symptom to that, a deep burning/cramping sensation in the centre of my stomach that comes and goes, it often appears when it feels like it.

I had posted this elsewhere and a few have just confirmed they had similar symptoms. Have booked a GP apt to go get referred again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now