Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Multiple Blood Issues

(3 Posts)
ArseHair Thu 24-Nov-16 20:55:21

Just wondering if anyone's been through something similar, really.

I'm 17 weeks pregnant and feeling pretty horrendous. At first I put it down to hormones but I'm so tired, dizzy and fuzzy headed all the time that I can't function.

Dr ordered some blood tests and I got an urgent call back as I have deficiencies in B12, folate, calcium and vitamin D. They don't know how they've dropped so quickly from the booking in appointment tests a couple of months back. I'm now having weekly injections for b12 and tablets on top of the pregnacare I was already taking.

I have a really high white blood cell count too but no obvious cause. Being referred to a haematologist.

I was in with Dr for over an hour but was so in shock I didn't ask if my baby would be affected. The Dr would have told me if it was a massive problem wouldn't they??

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Fri 25-Nov-16 18:55:52

I don't know how this might affect your pregnancy, sorry. But I didn't want to ignore your thread as you sound understandably very shocked. I thought a bit of a bump might help in case an evening poster has some experience of this smile

I think the GP would have warned you of any imminent risk, but I'm sure the haemotologist will be able to go into more detail once they've done any further tests.

I hope you get some reassurance soon and that you don't have to wait for an appointment flowers

Le1890 Fri 25-Nov-16 21:06:23

Hi there

Do you know what your numbers were for your b12 and folate? All the symptoms you describe can be caused by these vitamin deficiencies.

On the white cell count it is very common for it to rise in pregnancy. I know this because when I was pregnant with my son 3 years ago a consultant told me that often in pregnancy a more junior doctor will come to him concerned because a woman's white cells are up. He said that he can reassure them it's completely normal for the count to be higher in preg. That being said it is good it is being checked out and hopefully is just a product of your vitamin deficiencies.

Hugsx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now