Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Would you get checked out?

(8 Posts)
riseshine Thu 24-Nov-16 08:46:13

I started with a general cold on Saturday. Rumbled along with paracetamol and strepsils until Tuesday when I started to feel worse. Tight wheezy cough. Tuesday night I felt dreadful and between then and now I've just laid in bed whimpering - going hot and cold, pain in head , coughing, getting very breathless and pain in right side of chest that goes up into shoulder.

I can't ever remember feeling this ill

loveyoutothemoon Thu 24-Nov-16 11:27:21

Yes definitely. You might have a chest infection.

hanban89 Thu 24-Nov-16 22:16:21

Have you spoke to a doctor? This could be pneumonia. If you still feel bad please seek medical help.

Draylon Thu 24-Nov-16 22:28:04

Sorry you're feeling so lousy. IMO, from what you've written, you have a cold that's 'gone to your chest'. Post pregnancy (for some reason!) all my 'colds' end up in my upper chest, itchy, short stabby pains in my ribs, shivers, headache, croaky, a bit gaspy. Then lots of dry coughing followed by some 'productivity'.

In the most kindly way meant, if you can MN your symptoms, you may not yet need a doctor.

Tho I am not denying your level of unpleasantness, the human brain doesn't recall extreme pain, otherwise none of us would ever go back to the dentist, or give birth again grin

Stay hydrated, sleep lots, eat when you can. Use paracetamol!

I really, really doubt you have heart problem which shooting pains to your shoulder under different circumstances might indicate.

If you can MN, it's not pneumonia or influenza.

Hope you turn a corner tomorrow or the next day. x

riseshine Thu 24-Nov-16 22:34:11

Thank you for replies - I went to doc - got sent to a and e and have been admitted with pneumonia in both lungs and sepsis

hanban89 Fri 25-Nov-16 06:51:45

Aah so glad you got seen. You will feel loads better once you've had some IV fluids and the antibiotics start kicking in. I had exact same last year and I've never felt so ill. Get well soon.

lougle Sun 27-Nov-16 09:56:14

Glad you've been seen.

It's really dangerous to say 'If you can mumsnet is not......' people can and do.

myoriginal3 Sun 27-Nov-16 09:58:55

That sounds awful! Glad you are being treated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now