Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sharp plastic in cot and on changing table

(11 Posts)
chiarag Mon 21-Nov-16 21:51:46

Hi all, I'm a new mum and this is my first post! I keep finding sharp bits of plastic in the cot and changing table and have no idea where they are coming from. They are thin rectangular and with one end pointed like a scalpel. They're about as long as the circumference of a ten pence coin. Im worried as they're dangerous. Has anyone seen anything like this? (Not sure how to add pictures but if anyone knows I can post a pic too).

outputgap Mon 21-Nov-16 21:59:15

What are the cot and changing table made of?

chiarag Mon 21-Nov-16 22:17:43

The changing table is mad of wood and the cot is metal plastic and fabric

chiarag Mon 21-Nov-16 22:25:03

I'm pretty sure it's not either the cot or table, feels like it's part of a nappy or something like that. Has appeared three times over about a month. It's a bit like a plastic collar straightener on my hubbies shirts (but it's not that either!)

PoloZolo Tue 22-Nov-16 23:13:40

What colour are they?

PoloZolo Tue 22-Nov-16 23:14:32

Click the paper clip icon below the comments box to add a photo

Footle Wed 23-Nov-16 11:03:00

It couldn't possibly be plasticised paint flaking off a nearby piece of furniture ?

chiarag Wed 23-Nov-16 20:37:04

Here a picture of the plastic next to a 10p coin to give you an idea of the size

BusterGonad Wed 30-Nov-16 06:47:20

Have you been opening up packets of new baby grows or anything? It looks like packaging from clothes, bibs or something similar.

user1477282676 Wed 30-Nov-16 06:49:49

That's very odd OP....I have you looked all around the cot at other things surrounding it?

BusterGonad Wed 30-Nov-16 07:31:58

From the curtains or blinds? From a toy that's broken? Broken coat hanger?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now