Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bladder prolapse in late twenties anyone else?!

(3 Posts)
mumofthreesmallmen3 Sun 20-Nov-16 11:56:42

Hi
I've recently found out I've got a stage 2 bladder prolapse does anyone have this at a similar age to me? I was told it mainly affects 60 year olds so that made me feel great!! grin I'm due to have physio therapy soon to see if it improves has anyone has that does it really make much difference? I've had three children but was told most likely not to be the cause and I probably have low levels of collagen and that's why I have had the prolapse? What was you told? I'm hoping the physio works don't really fancy surgery and it's quite uncomfortable at the moment, loss of feeling too, looks ugly so self conscious aswell and a heavy dragging feeling most of the time.

unicornseverywhere Mon 21-Nov-16 09:16:12

Hi there, Sorry you are having to deal with this. I haven't got the exact same problem, but I thought it might help to make you feel a tiny bit better to know I'm in a similar situation. I was diagnosed with a prolapsed uterus in my late twenties. I've no experience of physio for bladder prolapse I'm afraid, but I just wanted to tell you that you aren't completely alone in having an issue normally associated with older people smile Best of luck with your treatment.

Bluebird84 Fri 02-Dec-16 18:23:38

Hi there,

Yes I have had the same problem. Grade 2 bladder and grade 1 rectocile. Happened when i was 20 after having my first child. I was also told that this was unusual for my age. Tried physio and pessery rings but didn't work for me. Had my second child and prolapse definitely worsened. After 8 years of having the problem I've now had the surgery to rapair the problem. Hopefully physio works for you. Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now