Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ovarian cyst ..pelvic pressure anyone?

(5 Posts)
StillMedusa Sat 19-Nov-16 17:06:33

Over the last few weeks I developed low back pain and it feels like I have a billiard ball sat just over my bladder on the right hand side.. it is uncomfortable to stand or sit for any time and sort of aches/burns inside. It reminds me of how my prolapse felt pre hysterectomy. I went to the GP and she thinks it is likely a cyst and is sending me for a scan ..given me naproxen to take for the pain in the meantime.
I presume I need a scan as I am menopause age to rule out anything sinister.
Has anyone had a cyst that felt like pressure deep inside? I'm hoping it will burst and go away!

Itisnoteasybeingdifferent Sat 19-Nov-16 19:42:41

Medusa,
I think you need to ask MNHQ to move this to the general, or reproductive health forum instead of mental health.

StillMedusa Sat 19-Nov-16 21:22:16

Oops thanks! I'm a bit doped on pain meds and didn't notice it was the wrong section!

Justwondering1 Sat 19-Nov-16 21:23:57

I've had multiple ovarian cysts and each time it felt like a sharp stabbing pain in one specific point. Not sure if this helps. Hope all goes well

troubleatmill2011 Sun 20-Nov-16 16:24:28

I have a 4cm Ovarian Cyst and i get a pressure / heaviness feeling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now