Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this a brain tumour...

(6 Posts)
Justme78 Sat 19-Nov-16 00:29:54

Hello, I need some advice. For the last week I've been getting headaches on the right side of my head which also hurt my neck. It comes and goes but hurts when I look to the right and when I look down. My sister had a brain tumour when she was young and although her symptoms were not the same, I'm still freaking out. Please help.

Wolfiefan Sat 19-Nov-16 00:31:33

You know we can't though. You need to see your GP. Hoping it turns out to be nothing serious at all.

Tiggy78 Sat 19-Nov-16 00:34:48

It's unlikely to be a brain tumour. Those headaches are generally worse in the morning and get better as the day goes on.
You should go to the doctor though to be on the safe side. If nothing else it'll put your mind at ease.

KarmaNoMore Sat 19-Nov-16 00:39:45

Actually, it may be that you are causing yourself a bad headache due to bad posture

I get migraines often, but many of them are related to my neck. If I sleep in the wrong position or was reading craning my neck for a bit too long, I get them.

There are some Pilates exercises that help you to properly stretch and relax your neck and therefore to reduce or eliminate the headaches. But just to err on the side of caution go to the GP.

Justme78 Sat 19-Nov-16 00:42:19

Thank you I will see the dr tomorrow. I get a bit irrational now and again

Justme78 Sat 19-Nov-16 00:42:29

I mean Monday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now