Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

NHS glasses voucher

(2 Posts)
Lilypad15 Thu 17-Nov-16 14:28:05

Not sure if this is in the right place, apologies if not!

I get (the very bare minimum) child tax credit and so I'm entitled to free eye tests and discount on glasses. The first time I had my eyes tested I was told to go back in a year and also I would then be eligible for another discount. I did that and in April 2015 i went back and had an eye test and got new glasses as my prescription changed. I was told to come back in 2 years when I'd be eligible again. It's been a little under 2 years but the last few months, I feel like my eyesight is getting worse and I'm getting bad headaches behind my eyes very frequently, especially after wearing my glasses (which also don't seem as clear now)

I've booked myself in for another eye test at the weekend as I'm fed up of these headaches due to straining my eyes. The woman I spoke to said that I will need to pay for the test unless my prescription has changed. I was just wondering if anyone knows, if it has changed, am I then also able to claim a discount on new glasses or will I still have to pay full price? My glasses atm are broken as they were a cheap pair and I would like to get a more robust pair!

Greendress123 Thu 17-Nov-16 14:32:45

If it has changed, you will get the discount.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now