Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Breast lump, Mirena Coil

(8 Posts)
MsPrincessLeia Wed 16-Nov-16 22:28:46

Hi all. I have found a peppercorn sized hard lump under my right nipple. Should I worry and see my GP, or is it just a blocked unused calcified and fossilised milk gland? I have been told in the past that I am 'just a very lumpy person'. Don't want to come across as Munchausens Hypochondriac at my lovely doctor's surgery, so should I ignore this, or get it checked out?.I had the Mirena Coil fitted back in May, and a subsequent very rough ride with it, it has played havoc with my Bio-Chemistry, so could be to do with that? Many thanks for any advice.🍁🌹🐚

Footle Wed 16-Nov-16 23:08:09

Nobody here can reassure you about the lump in your breast. Of course you must see your GP. They'll probably give you an urgent appointment tomorrow, and let's hope they can reassure you then.

MsPrincessLeia Thu 17-Nov-16 08:09:47

Thanks Footle. Walk in appointment this morning.

OnceMoreIntoTheBleach Thu 17-Nov-16 08:19:16

Always just get it checked. It's probably a lymph node or a little cyst if you are generally lumpy (I am the same) but no doctor would think badly of you for getting a breast pump checked out to be on the safe side flowers

Footle Thu 17-Nov-16 08:26:07

Good luck, MrsP !

Footle Thu 17-Nov-16 21:10:13

Hope you got on all right today.

MsPrincessLeia Fri 18-Nov-16 10:38:36

Thank you Footle. Thank you OnceMoreIntoTheBleach:

I went. It's there, so not in my imagination. Very lovely GP. It's 'Pea Sized' but she thinks it is 'Not Sinister'. Non- Emergency Appointment with Hospital Breast Clinic in 6-8 weeks time. I hear on the grape vine that a Mammogram is like having your breasts put in a vice like clamp. Yum. Looking forward to it.

Thanks again to you both. Would send flower pic but cannot for the life of me work out how to use the icons. So 'Sends Flowers'! (New here).

Footle Fri 18-Nov-16 11:04:03

Flowers received with pleasure, and another bunch sent to you.
I'm very glad it's non-urgent. Yes mammograms ( for me - your mileage may vary ) hurt like hell for a minute ( that's 4 minutes in total, 2 different squishes for each side ) and ache a bit afterwards. But it has to be worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now