Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Genetics???

(7 Posts)
Lolimax Mon 14-Nov-16 17:51:56

Can anyone help? DH hasn't been very well this year- a nasty bout of pneumonia that has kicked off sarcoidosis and possibly PA, which he's still being tested for. He's had loads of blood tests.
We've just had a phone call from the surgery asking him to come and see the dr following a letter they've had from genetics (who he hasn't even seen). The earliest possible appointment is early December! His dad died of throat cancer his DM is still going strong as are his middle aged siblings. No conditions that I know of. What on earth would they have picked up? DH is 48 and only other issue is high BP.

pontificationcentral Mon 14-Nov-16 17:55:45

Might not be to do with him - they might be following up with relatives of someone else in his family who has seen genetics. Brothers, uncles?
Sometimes they call if you have been flagged by someone else in the family as a potential link to a genetics investigation. Sometimes relatives don't tell you if they are not regularly in touch...

RandomMess Mon 14-Nov-16 17:58:27

PA? Psoriatic Arthritis??? That has a genetic link.

Lolimax Mon 14-Nov-16 17:59:21

Pont all his siblings live close by and are in constant contact I'm fairly sure he'd be told if that were the case but I'll mention it. His take is it can't be urgent or they'd be seeing him straightaway. He's so laid back!

Lolimax Mon 14-Nov-16 18:02:11

Random I didn't think of that. He has 2 children (not with me, we met later).

pontificationcentral Mon 14-Nov-16 18:26:22

Might their mum be pursuing some investigations if one of the kids is experiencing symptoms? Would she tell him?

Lolimax Mon 14-Nov-16 18:33:53

Pont their mum can't even go to town without one of them taking her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now