Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Unbearable pelvic pain and nausea

(4 Posts)
SloanePeterson Mon 14-Nov-16 15:28:53

I'm hoping someone can help give an idea what's wrong with me. First I should say I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks 2 months ago, which turned quickly into an emergency d&c and large blood transfusion. Tbh I still haven't regained my full physical strength. I had the depo injection before I was discharged from hospital as I was so sure I didn't want to go through something like that again.
For more than a now week I've had very scant bleeding, ranging from bright red to dark brown, but nowhere near a full period. In wondering if this is to do with the depo wearing off. But since last night I've had the most dreadful pain and feel sick with it. It's both at the front where my uterus is and in my lower back and painkillers aren't touching it, nor are hot water bottles really giving any relief. My temp is fairly raised too, 37.4 when I took it about an hour after a couple of paracetamol. I also feel incredibly sick. I'm wary of going to the Drs (I know, I know) as tbh I'm still quite traumatised by all that happened and don't relish the thought of further internals. I was taken back to hospital a week after discharge as my blood pressure was rock bottom and they weren't sure my blood volume was still quite right. I went back to my gp a few weeks ago for my routine blood test and mentioned when I was there that I had an awful urge to wee all the time, even after I'd just gone, but a urine test showed no infection. That urge did gradually go. I'm just fed up of feeling so bloody wretched. Does this warrant going anywhere tonight when dh gets home? Or should I try and get in to the GPs tomorrow?

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 14-Nov-16 16:04:42

I would actually go to hospital asap and get yourself checked out today. There may be some sort of infection.

AllTheBabies Mon 14-Nov-16 16:07:23

I agree with Atilla. It sounds like an infection. I think it sounds worthy of an A&E trip.

SloanePeterson Mon 14-Nov-16 16:15:52

O God really? In sure theyll be sick of the sight of me. I'm going to wait til dh is home in about half an hour and call 111, they were absolutely right in their advice last time and I'll feel a bit less dramatic going to a&e if I've actually been told to go. The thing is, as much as I'm trying to man up, I'm actually crying with the pain. I didn't have to wait with my last admissions since they were both in an ambulance. I'm not sure I can hold it together in a waiting room, and I know the regular wait can be about 5-6 hours

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now