Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What do you think

(21 Posts)
PinkPearls20 Mon 14-Nov-16 06:40:28

Had a hormone imbalance since having DS two years ago.

17 Months ago clear smear.

4 months ago got put in the combined pill. Spotted for two months, third month it settled down...no more spotting.

2 weeks ago I had an appointment with a gynocologist for some 'talking therapy ' because I am obsessed I have cervical cancer. My GP refered me because I was at her door every couple of weeks.

Gynocologist examined me and said ' My cervix was a picture of health ' amd that u need to stop worrying. However I wasn't spotting then.

I'm spotting again now. I'm in the middle of my packet of pills. Last Tuesday I took one pill 13 hours later then normal.

Could this have knocked my hormones out that much that one week later I'm very slightly spotting? ( Not even enough for a pad)

I'm torturing myself here like I always do and checking, checking, checking all the time to see if I'm still spotting.

Can it be because I took the pill 13 hours late last Tuesday?

PinkPearls20 Mon 14-Nov-16 06:48:24

Bump

PinkPearls20 Mon 14-Nov-16 06:53:38

I'm having CBT for my health anxiety but atm it doesn't seem to be helping because im doing what I always do... check, check, check, panic, ask for reassurance, cancle plans, check

PinkPearls20 Mon 14-Nov-16 07:12:41

Even mumsnet are getting sick of me going on about this now....

Lilaclily Mon 14-Nov-16 07:25:02

Hi op

Are you on any ads ? It does sound obsessive

PinkPearls20 Mon 14-Nov-16 08:06:23

No I came off them when my spotting stopped and I was feeling better because I wasn't spotting.

Do you think its hormonal?

BusterGonad Tue 15-Nov-16 16:36:14

Hi OP I think you need to go back on the anti anxiety meds. I think I've read your previous threads. You can't go on not enjoying your life, living in fear!

GenghisCalm Tue 15-Nov-16 23:25:15

Keep taking your AD's and it will help the constant anxiety.

Make sure you take your pills the same time every day as some contraceptive pills need to be taken at the same time each day.

PinkPearls20 Wed 16-Nov-16 06:54:05

Thankyou. I was suppose to complete a booklet as part of the module of the CBT I have been having. Its the hardest booklet to complete so far as this is apparently where the work kicks in. However i was fine until this time last week when the spotting started and there is noway on earth I can do the things it's asking me to do in the booklet while I'm spotting. I'm suppose to focus on other activities and record what I felt etc. I'm suppose to be expected to just 'Meditate'.

WTF ... I'm spotting and all I want to do is check, check, move about , fidget, check. So therefore in the last week I hav'nt completed this booklet and my next appointment is today at ten.

I'm not going. I have fucked the programme up now as its about 5 sessions with a booklet to complete each session.

Plus I'll get a red mark against my name now because I have cancelled.

PinkPearls20 Wed 16-Nov-16 06:59:55

I can't even go back to my drs now as she's sick of me going with this problem.

She only refered me - again to the gynecologists because she said that I won't listen to her .

I don't know what to do

pklme Wed 16-Nov-16 07:27:44

Go to today's appointment.
You haven't messed up the session, you have been dealing with the anxiety the session is designed to help with. Go to the appointment.

PinkPearls20 Wed 16-Nov-16 07:32:03

If I go they going to see a different side of me today...for the previous three sessions have a been quite happy and chilled as I have had nothing to worry about.

Hey will see why im there today for the first time. I have already sat for an hour this morning trailing the internet for

'Missed pill 13 hours late, now spotting'

pklme Wed 16-Nov-16 08:48:14

It will be a good opportunity for them to practise the strategies and thinking patterns with you. Go for it! Appointments are not just for when you are well, but for when you are struggling! You wouldn't cancel a doctor's appointment because your sore throat got worse...

PinkPearls20 Wed 16-Nov-16 11:15:50

I went...I cried...they showed me a chart. It seemed to help me rationalise.....but you cousk rationalise if it DEFINITELY WAS CERVICAL CANCER....but you would be rationalising and the end result would cancer and I sted of going and getting it sorted you have been sat about rationalising and filling out charts in your CBT to rationalise....

pklme Wed 16-Nov-16 22:05:44

But statistically, you haven't got cancer. You are spending a lot of time on something which isn't happening when you could be spending it on learning how not to worry.

I was given news today that my DF almost certainly has got cancer, and needs assessing go see what can be done. I haven't spent the last ten years worrying about today, and although today's news was unexpected, we will manage the situation now it is here.

You can choose what to think about. If left to its own devices, my brain would wallow around in all sorts of things that are best left alone- old griefs and traumas- and I would be unable to function. I spend a lot of energy every day stopping pointless thoughts and encouraging productive thoughts. It's hard work and tiring, but it gets better, and it lets me live like a sensible person rather than a miserable angry wreck.

LIZS Wed 16-Nov-16 22:16:40

Well done for going. Did they suggest you go back to your GP re . MH. You are seriously overthinking it , judging by the number of posts you have made about this, and I doubt any amount of professional reassurance will help until your anxiety is under control.

PinkPearls20 Thu 17-Nov-16 07:45:33

Pklme I am sorry to hear about your DD. What you have said is all so very true. My thoughts are so strong and it's very hard to push them away.

They didn't suggest I go bacl to GP, as when I started CBT I was already on ADs...but I stopped taking them as I stopped spotting and started to feel better....

This spotting isn't all the time, it's now and again, maybe six times a day, a very small amount on the tissue paper. I hope it is hormonal....

LIZS Thu 17-Nov-16 08:24:29

Does your gp know you stopped the ads?

PinkPearls20 Thu 17-Nov-16 09:15:12

No she doesn't know. It's hard to get an appointment so I only go when I'm desperate. Plus I think she would dispair if I went again with spotting as she asked me last time 'What do you want me to do?'....that's when she referred me back to the gynecologists.

I was only on ADS for about three/four weeks anyway and I have been off them about three months now

LIZS Thu 17-Nov-16 09:22:46

But if she doesn't know she won't understand why you aren't getting the reassurance from her referrals and be able t make appropriate decisions about your care. Does the therapist know? It doesn't matter that you only took them for a few weeks, you felt better but then stopped taking the very things that had got you there. Hence your anxiety found a different focus with the spotting. Make a review appointment with your GP, to discuss how the cbt is going and the ads.

pklme Thu 17-Nov-16 09:52:43

Good advice from LIZS, there. If your brain chemicals are out of balance, it will take a while to correct. The meds give you time to practice all the techniques you learn in therapy. It takes a while to build up your resilience, make new habits correct your brain chemistry. THen, with supervision, you reduce your meds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now