Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Clarythramicin

(6 Posts)
MyBeloved Fri 11-Nov-16 15:11:16

Anyone been on this? I've been prescribed 500mg 2x per day and I feel disgusting! Sick, nausea, weird taste...I've only taken one and I'm on them for a week. Doctor told me they were better tolerated than erythromycin which gave me a bad stomach before. Is this true? Help!

Gardencentregroupie Fri 11-Nov-16 15:13:55

I threw up with every tablet I took and felt horrendous the whole time. Never had erythromycin so can't comment on that.

Sorry, not helpful!

MatildaTheCat Fri 11-Nov-16 15:14:23

I took it years ago for whooping cough and it made me feel iller than the bloody cough. Depends on why you need it and whether there are alternatives but it probably won't wear off until you stop taking it.

Groovee Fri 11-Nov-16 15:20:00

This is what I get every time I have a chest infection. Horses bullets I call them. Taste disgusting but they work.

AwaywiththePixies27 Fri 11-Nov-16 15:21:24

Yep! Cant take it. I reacted really badly and ended up in hospital confused

MyBeloved Fri 11-Nov-16 15:33:18

Thanks all. Have asked doc for a call back since I have now projectile vomited. No different from erythromycin so far!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now