Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sudden sharp hip pain?

(4 Posts)
flutterworc Mon 07-Nov-16 23:21:52

Calling all amateur medics!

Today have had a really sharp jabbing pain in my left hip. Come from nowhere. No history of joint pain, in mid-30s, overweight but generally (in a surprised tone by most doctors) very fit. It's really quite painful, and seems really random as to when it strikes - no common movement seems to bring it on, but it makes me catch my breath when it happens.

Any ideas? Do I need the whole leg amputating...?

troubleatmill2011 Tue 08-Nov-16 05:50:54

Definite full amputation! Made me giggle grin. I wouldn't worry it's sounds like one of life's little body niggles and i bet it'll go as quick as it came, maybe a bit of sciatica perhaps? Give it a couple of week and perhaps nip to your GP as joint could be a bit inflamed. Good luck :-)

Ifailed Tue 08-Nov-16 05:54:23

in mid-30s
I'm afraid you've reached the age when mysterious aches and pains appears for no apparent reason. As other poster said, keep a watch on it, and see GP if it persists (who will probably just advise rest and pain killers)

Ulysses Tue 08-Nov-16 06:25:04

I get this from time to time. It just comes and goes and hasn't worsened or lasted for longer spells. I saw the title of this and thought that someone might have a definition of the condition but looks like it's just under the life's niggles category!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now