Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Crackling sounds breathing

(8 Posts)
Parkourbench Mon 07-Nov-16 04:58:40

Feel really pathetic for posting but freaking out a bit.

Saturday developed heavy feeling chest and bit of an annoying cough. Saturday night awake loads coughing and unable to catch my breath. Am rattling and crackling on inhale and exhale.

Totally wiped out all day Sunday, didn't get out of bed. During night again struggling to breathe deeply and am making bubbling sounds which is making me cough.

I don't have a cold or anything and have felt really well all week. Totally no idea where this has come from. I've come downstairs so I don't wake DH or DC's up but am feeling a bit scared confused

Penfold007 Mon 07-Nov-16 05:06:36

Sounds like you have a nasty chest infection. Sitting up will actually help your breathing. Make yourself a cuppa, take some paracetamol and snuggle up on the sofa with a blanket. As soon as you can get an emergency appointment with your doctor.
If you feel worse or struggle to breathe wake DH and ring 111 for advice.

lookingbackandthinking Mon 07-Nov-16 05:08:02

If you feel like you are struggling to breathe then perhaps call out of hours? At the very least gp in the morning.

I hope you feel better soonflowers

lazydog Mon 07-Nov-16 05:08:35

Don't mean to scare you but to me it sounds like pneumonia. (I'm not a medical professional, but I have personally had pneumonia and it was as you describe.) You need to get medical attention ASAP. Can be very dangerous if untreated.

lookingbackandthinking Mon 07-Nov-16 05:16:05

Lazy that's what I was thinking I had pneumonia last year and had to stay in hospital for a week - agree that if possible get help asap.

Parkourbench Mon 07-Nov-16 05:19:07

Thanks for your repliesflowers

Is a bit easier sat up. DH and kids will be up and about in an hour so not long to go.

Will ring GP as soon as they open I think.

BertieBotts Mon 07-Nov-16 05:58:05

Yes, chest infection, GP ASAP.

Hope you feel better soon.

Parkourbench Tue 08-Nov-16 19:52:42

Thanks again for your advice x

Got anti b's and steroids and an inhaler, massive chest infection start of pneumonia. Was struggling to breathe most of the day yesterday.

Think have caught it just in time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now