Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Stomach bug and 3 dc

(3 Posts)
lastusername Sun 06-Nov-16 17:51:42

I'm struggling at the moment as I have the most awful stomach pains, dizziness and nausea but am on my own with my three dc who are 3 and 7 month twins. My dp is away till wed and I cannot get anyone in to help me. Any suggestions on relieving these symptoms would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mrsfrumble Sun 06-Nov-16 18:57:58

Oh good grief! That sounds horrific, you poor thing.

I find that Pepto Bismol works on nausea and an upset stomach for me, but that's general IBS rather than a stomach bug. I think you can only get it from the pharmacist in this country too. Flat, full sugar coke helps too.

I think you might need to ride it out. How mobile are the babies? Will the 3 year old watch TV? Can they be persuaded to "help" by fetching things for you and entertaining the babies? Do you have a friend or neighbour who could bring you some supplies? Crackers, Ella's Kitchen pouches, rehydration sachets and the like. Then make a "nest" near a TV tuned to Cbeebies or BabyTV, with everything you need close to hand and try and lie down as much as possible...

I hope it passes quickly flowers

lastusername Sun 06-Nov-16 19:34:44

Thank you for replying. My 3 year old has been great bless her heart she's entertained the babies when I could barely hold my head up. The twins had a moment earlier where they were both rolling to opposite sides of the room and I couldn't get to both that was tough! I really don't want to bother my neighbours on a Sunday evening. I have some crackers and will try and get some rehydration salts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now