Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gynae/Endometrial rapid referral appointment, what to expect?

(4 Posts)
hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Fri 04-Nov-16 10:22:33

I have an appointment at the rapid referral clinic next week after a internal scan showed up some worrying changes to the endometrial lining of my womb. I have had rapid weight loss, unexplained bleeding (post menopause) and on-and-off diarrhoea which led to the referral for the scan. I would love to know what to expect at the clinic if anyone can enlighten me please?

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Fri 04-Nov-16 13:09:40

I think they will probably want to do a hysterscopy to look at the lining of the womb.
www.menopausemattters.co.uk forum has a lot of ladies who have been through the same worry.

fenneltea Fri 04-Nov-16 21:34:18

I went as an urgent referral a couple of weeks ago, it involved a hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy, so it might be worth having a couple of ibuprofen beforehand, although I didn't and it wasn't too bad, Id also take a sanitary towel as the hospital ones are awful. Hope all goes well for you.

228agreenend Fri 04-Nov-16 21:38:54

I they may do a hysteroscopy under local anaesthetic, or arrange one under general. They may also do an ultrasound.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now