Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

4 Months after Cesarean Lump in Stomach - V Scared!

(9 Posts)
Discomonkfish Sun 11-Feb-07 22:47:50

Hello all, I'm wondering if any of you have had similiar symptoms to me. I had a cesarean 4 months ago with my ds. Last week I found a hard lump (about the size of a conker) on the right hand side of my tummy. Today I noticed a bruise in the same spot. This may be coincidence but I can't remember bumping into anything. I've got an ultrasound to get it checked out tomorrow morning but I'm really worried it might be something more serious. Has anyone had a similiar sympton following a cesarean birth?

aviatrixxx Sun 11-Feb-07 22:57:44

Message withdrawn

Discomonkfish Sun 11-Feb-07 23:01:58

thanks, fingers crossed it's nothing too bad...just want to know what it is now

Discomonkfish Sun 11-Feb-07 23:03:32

aviatrixx...btw ewwww....how horrible for you....glad it was something and nothing but still....ewww

Bubble99 Sun 11-Feb-07 23:05:15

CS 3 and a half months ago here and I've got lumps all along my scar and beyond.

Discomonkfish Sun 11-Feb-07 23:30:30

I thought it was my appendix but apparently my appendix isn't that high up I should have paid more attention in biology at school I think LOL

peegeeweegee Mon 12-Feb-07 08:47:54

It sounds like scar tissue. And it is now bruised because you keep fiddeling with it...

Don't worry, am sure it will be fine!

Bucketsofdynomite Mon 12-Feb-07 09:06:39

My outer scar was quite far away from my inner scar iyswim (think they gave me a tummy tuck LOL) so I had lumps that didn't obviously look like they were related to the CSec.
Was it an emergency CSec? My first one was and that was the lumpy one with a lopsided scar. My 2nd was elective and they did a beautiful job replacing it!

Discomonkfish Sat 24-Feb-07 21:43:10

Well, went for an ultrasound and the doctor has decided I've bumped myself....must have been without noticing and this has caused a bleed inside my tummy. All is ok and it's officially called a fat necrosis. Have to go back in 4 weeks just to make sure it's disappearing but hopefully all is ok. Thanks for all your comments. By the way...we've recently moved from Bradford and my god what a difference in Harrogate Hospital. Spotlessly clean and efficient...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now