We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help - scared of leukaemia

(7 Posts)
WorryMcFlurry Wed 02-Nov-16 17:16:31

Hi, I don't suppose anyone can really help as I need to go to doctor but in the meantime I am so worried.
Had easy bruising a year ago (knelt on wooden floor and feet bruised on top straight away) also knees bruised from nappy changing on tiles - bruises faded but still there a year later.
Had low platelets a while back when I had a blood test for feeling rubbish. Now pregnant and booking bloods all slightly out of range. I do have thalassaemia trait so some might be expected, but lymphocytes were elevated and that's unrelated. I've had a gland up in neck for over four and a half months which is sometimes sore. Been working long hours and two year old not sleeping well, so haven't had good sleep for around a year.
I used to smoke (a lot) but stopped almost 5 years ago. Absolutely terrified.
Have felt fluey and shivery for at least the last 3 weeks. Since being preg have had alternating constipation and diarrhoea (not watery but not solid). Now just over 12 weeks. Feel like could be something serious and feel ill and worried and wish could be excited about new baby.
One of my parents had leukaemia.

ajandjjmum Wed 02-Nov-16 17:33:01

You poor thing. I can't help medically, but you must go and talk through your worries with your GP, so that your mind is put at rest.

WorryMcFlurry Wed 02-Nov-16 18:51:23

Thank you. GP is going to ring me tomorrow. I really trust her but just feeling wobbly, tearful and anxious in the meantime. Just needed to share really. Xx

Footle Thu 03-Nov-16 07:40:44

Hope the doctor is helpful today, WorryMcFlurry.

WorryMcFlurry Thu 03-Nov-16 23:30:48

Thank you! Feeling much better today. Gp thinks blood results are fine not enough out of range to worry but is referring me for ultra sound to check gland. Really appreciate the support yesterday - I was in pieces.

shewolfmum Thu 03-Nov-16 23:40:57

For your gut can you try cutting out grains/gluten for a week see if it helps?

Footle Fri 04-Nov-16 13:47:09

So hard to stop yourself panicking especially if someone close to you has been through something that seems similar. All the best with the baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now