Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Double jointed/hypermobility and joint pain

(3 Posts)
rollonthesummer Tue 01-Nov-16 08:01:41

I've always been what my parents called double jointed (clicky thumbs, fingers that do weird things, very bendy without actually being terribly fit!!) but I am now led to believe that this isn't double jointed but is hypermobility.

I'm now in my forties and am suffering from mild achy pain in my knees/thumbs/wrists. Is this anthing to do with it or is it just age!!

Is there a supplement I can take to ease it? Calcium? Evening Primrose?

SluttyButty Tue 01-Nov-16 11:15:04

You need to see your gp and get a rheumatology appt really.

Mischa123 Tue 01-Nov-16 11:18:48

I have hypermobility and EDS. It is worth reading up on. It answered so many questions when I was finally diagnosed about 5 years ago. I have joint pain everywhere and take regular painkillers but being as fit and healthy as I can be is one of the greatest things I have done to help myself. there are all sorts connected to it like gastro issues so worth having a read

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now