Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Up all night bloody itching

(19 Posts)
iloveroastpotatoes Tue 01-Nov-16 06:08:02

Heeelllpp. I have been up all night scratching my scalp and face and have just had a cool shower to try to help. It started last week when I stayed in a hotel and has been getting worse with last night being hell.
It's driving me mad. I thought it was from an irritant from either a facial at the hotel or new cleanser I no longer use but how would that affect my scalp?
What on earth can I use to stop the bloody itching?
Actually I've got a few itchy bumps on my hands too. Small red ones. Aaarrrrggghh.

P1nkP0ppy Tue 01-Nov-16 06:14:02

Hate to ask op but could it be bed bugs from the hotel? Particularly because it's worse at night 😳
Pharmacy visit first thing might be good idea, poor you.

iloveroastpotatoes Tue 01-Nov-16 06:17:39

Oh crap, that's horrifying. How can I tell? I'll have a google.

Cucumber5 Tue 01-Nov-16 06:25:30

Have you tried piriton

iloveroastpotatoes Tue 01-Nov-16 06:30:14

Cucumber, I'm so tired I didn't even think of that! Thank you, off to raid the medicine box now.

Cucumber5 Tue 01-Nov-16 06:31:35

Is your face scalp too dry? Try having oils in tablet form

I find anything more annoying at night. Athletes foot for example.

Could be an allergic reaction? You might just have dermatitis or nits. Psoriasis or ringworm.

Cucumber5 Tue 01-Nov-16 06:32:28

Piriton is a good first step

abeandhalo Tue 01-Nov-16 06:46:33

You could try TGel shampoo but it's bloody expensive considering it might not work for this!

iloveroastpotatoes Tue 01-Nov-16 06:51:21

I tried T gel sad

Will pop to the pharmacist before work this morning.

iloveroastpotatoes Tue 01-Nov-16 06:52:17

It's actually itchy in my ear. IN MY EAR. Wtf?

waitingforgodot Tue 01-Nov-16 06:56:08

Hopefully piriton works. Could be allergy to pillows in hotel? I had this with a conditioner. They had changed the formula but as a result I was scratching my scalp constantly

Cucumber5 Tue 01-Nov-16 06:59:01

Do you think you might have something I your ear?

iloveroastpotatoes Tue 01-Nov-16 07:08:09

Oh bloody hell cucumber, that's grossed me out a little, lol confused. I really hope not!

Frusso Tue 01-Nov-16 07:23:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

iloveroastpotatoes Tue 01-Nov-16 08:23:02

Thanks everyone. Pharmacist gave me antihistamine and a cooling gel for my face. Watch this space!

dannyglick Tue 01-Nov-16 12:02:15

I had itching on hands and between fingers, and it was scabies (contracted in healthcare workplace).
If no improvement with your self-medicating, see your GP for a diagnosis.

iloveroastpotatoes Tue 01-Nov-16 14:59:29

Thanks Danny, will do. The cooling gel went back in its box. I obviously have open sores around my eyes and it burned!! Ow!

dannyglick Tue 01-Nov-16 15:17:34

Could it be shingles, OP?

iloveroastpotatoes Tue 01-Nov-16 16:13:07

I don't think so Danny, it's all over my face and scalp not just one half of me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now