Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

do you think I have hand foot and mouth disease?

(3 Posts)
notmrstrump Sat 29-Oct-16 17:06:34

GP says she thinks so but not typical case. Was away in Greece 2 weeks ago (which I mention because lots of small kids in hotel and buffet style food so certainly scope for transmission) , got mild sore throat which lasted 3/4 days then woke up with a mouthful of the most vicious ulcers and sore tongue. They are agony and nothing seems to help. Have had them now for 5 days and they don't want to get better - can't eat, can't talk. I have no rash on my hands or feet which GP says is possible. Am also crushingly tired. Have got painkillers, difflam mouthwash, mouth steroid tablets. Am also having hard time with menopause and had just started HRT - I had wondered whether that could be causing mouth symptoms. Anyway - anyone else had HF&M and felt like me?

Enidblyton1 Sat 29-Oct-16 17:12:45

When I caught hand foot and mouth from my toddler, I didn't have any spots. I had a headache/fever for 3 days and awful ulcers in my mouth. Felt better after 3/4 days. Yours does sound like what I had - if so you should be feeling better soon. flowers

notmrstrump Sat 29-Oct-16 17:45:22

Thank you Enid - (love the name!). It helps me to know what to expect. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now