Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Malaria tablets

(3 Posts)
Polkadotties Thu 27-Oct-16 13:25:04

OH and I are off to Dominican Republic soon. We go to separate doctors surgeries. My nurse wrote out a private prescription of avaclor, 7 tablets one to be taken the week before we go, one a week while we are away and one a week for four weeks after we get back.
OH was told by his GP to go the chemist and tell them where he is going and they will give the correct pills. They have given him an avaclor travel pack with lots of pills which have to be taken one a day, before, during and after holiday.
Is this correct?
I last had to take malaria pills nine years ago and can't remember what I had to take then.
Thanks smile

Polkadotties Thu 27-Oct-16 13:27:18

www.lloydspharmacy.com/ProductDisplay?urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10152&categoryId=&productId=102217&errorViewName=ProductDisplayErrorView&urlLangId=44&langId=44&parent_category_rn=&storeId=10151
This is what he's been given.
Mine are non branded avaclor in a plain white box

Polkadotties Thu 27-Oct-16 13:30:36

And I've been an idiot and written avaclor. It's avloclor blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now