Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Allergy help

(6 Posts)
microsnake Wed 26-Oct-16 18:16:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

microsnake Wed 26-Oct-16 20:13:59

S1lentAllTheseYears Tue 01-Nov-16 22:37:34

Hi, sorry only just seen this but do you use nail varnish?

I'm no expert but my DD is allergic to nail varnish, it only effects her actual nails but, when googling and trying to get to the bottom of her nasty nails (we thought it was a fungal infection at first) I saw lots of images of people with very sore eyes due to nail varnish allergy.

ArabellaRockerfella Wed 02-Nov-16 14:29:22

My sister is severely allergic to any type of parabens and formaldehyde in beauty products. Its amazing how many things they are in! Her skin erupts in weeping sores, she has to be so careful. She can't use wet wipes, washing up liquid and loads of other cleaning products without gloves. You can get allergy tested for these chemicals and others like SLS which is another common irritant which is unfortunately in loads of products. Once you know what is causing the reaction it is easier to read labels and then avoid the offending chemicals. Good luck.

microsnake Sat 05-Nov-16 22:59:25

ArabellaRockerfella Sun 06-Nov-16 17:16:11

Yes you can get delayed reactions.
If your reaction is still localised to around the eyes, I suspect it is due to some product you are using.
Can you get tested? It would take away the guessing game.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now